Is Your Furnace Emitting a Burning Smell?
At GENT Heating and Cooling HVAC Company Knoxville, we understand that having a furnace emitting a burning smell can be alarming and dangerous. That's why we've put together this guide to help you identify the causes of a burning smell coming from your furnace and what to do about it. In this comprehensive guide, we'll take you through the common reasons why furnaces emit a burning smell, what you should do if you smell burning coming from your furnace, and how to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.
Common Reasons Why HVAC Company Knoxville Furnaces Emit a Burning Smell:
There are a few reasons why your furnace may emit a burning smell. These include:
- Dust Accumulation: Dust accumulation in your furnace can cause a burning smell, especially when the furnace is turned on after being dormant for a while. The dust on the furnace burners burns off, producing a burning smell. This is common and should diminish after a couple of minutes.
- Clogged Air Filter: A clogged air filter can cause your HVAC Company Knoxville furnace to overheat, producing a burning smell. It's essential to regularly change your air filter to prevent this issue from occurring.
- Mechanical Issues: Mechanical issues, such as a malfunctioning motor or a broken belt, can also cause a burning smell. If you suspect that there may be a mechanical issue with your HVAC Company Knoxville furnace, it's important to have it inspected by a professional.
- Gas Leak: A gas leak can cause a burning smell and other symptoms, such as hissing sounds and a rotten egg smell. If you suspect that you have a gas leak, immediately evacuate your home and call the gas HVAC Company Knoxville.
What to Do if You Smell Burning Coming from Your Furnace:
If you smell burning coming from your furnace, there are a few steps you should take:
- Turn Off Your Furnace: Turn off your HVAC Company Knoxville furnace immediately to prevent further damage or danger.
- Check Your Air Filter: Check your air filter to see if it's clogged. If it is, replace it with a new one.
- Inspect Your Furnace: Inspect your HVAC Company Knoxville furnace for any visible signs of damage, such as a broken belt or a malfunctioning motor. If you need help with what to look for, it's best to call a professional.
- Call a Professional: If you're uncomfortable inspecting your furnace yourself or suspect a gas leak, it's important to call a professional.
How to Prevent Your Furnace from Emitting a Burning Smell:
To prevent your furnace from emitting a burning smell, there are a few steps you can take:
- Change Your Air Filter: Regularly changing your air filter can prevent dust accumulation and overheating, which can cause a burning smell.
- Schedule Regular HVAC Maintenance Knoxville Tennessee: Having your HVAC Company Knoxville furnace inspected and maintained regularly by a professional can prevent mechanical issues from occurring.
- Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector: Installing a carbon monoxide detector in your home can alert you to gas leaks or other issues that may cause a burning smell.
In conclusion, a burning smell from your furnace can be alarming, but it's important to stay calm and take the necessary steps to prevent further damage or danger. By identifying the common causes of a burning smell and taking preventative measures, you can keep your furnace running smoothly and safely. If you're not comfortable inspecting your furnace yourself or if you suspect that there may be a gas leak, it's important to call a professional. At GENT Heating and Cooling HVAC Company Knoxville, we're here to help you with all of your furnace needs.
Gent Heating and Cooling provide heating and air conditioning for residential and commercial clients in Knoxville, Knox County, and the surrounding East Tennessee area. Over 20 Years experience. Customer Service is Our Top Priority. We strive to be on time, provide accurate estimates, and have most replacement products on our service vehicles.
Call 865-213-9202 or email email@example.com