Winter Home Maintenance Checklist
With Winter creeping ever closer there are a few home maintenance tasks that should be taken care of sooner rather than later. These include:
- Vacuuming refrigerator coils to remove dust and dirt. This allows more effective cooling and will lower energy costs.
- Get your water heater serviced and check the valve pressure and settings.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and put in a fresh set of batteries.
- Check your basement if you have one for signs of leaks or other damp conditions. If leaks are found arrange repairs sooner rather than later.
- Tidy up the yard making sure to rake and clear away leaves, especially from your outdoor HVAC equipment.
- If you are traveling over the winter and have concerns about frozen pipes leave your thermostat at 55F or above.