The Importance of Indoor Air Quality
Do you want to improve the quality of the air you breathe? If the answer is yes, you may be looking for indoor air purification in Knoxville or the surrounding area. When looking at ways to improve your indoor air quality, it is important to know how this impacts your general health and comfort levels to make an informed choice on the type of HVAC system you will need for indoor air purification in Knoxville.
What is Indoor Air Quality?
First, let us establish exactly what it means when we say indoor air quality. The phrase refers to the quality of breathable air inside any building such as a home, school, or office. It is usually discussed in reference to the building's occupants' health, comfort, and well-being. Indoor air quality can have a significant impact on health for many reasons. Let's look at a few interesting statistics that help highlight why so many people are interested in indoor air purification in Knoxville:
- According to an EPA report, Americans spent an average of 90% of their time indoors, and the concentration of selected pollutants can be between 2 and 5 times higher than outdoor levels!
- Members of the population who are vulnerable to the effects of pollution, including the elderly, very young, and those with cardiovascular or respiratory illness, spend more time indoors believing it to be the safer option!
- In recent years, indoor air quality has decreased due to energy-efficient construction, synthetic building materials, furnishings, personal care products, household pesticides, and cleaning chemicals.
What Are the Most Common Pollutants
Most people are shocked to learn that indoor pollution levels can be so much higher than outdoors! It usually brings up questions about exactly how the air inside our homes and places of business ended up being so dirty! With that in mind, let's look at some of the most common sources of pollutants indoors:
- Combustion ByProducts (Carbon Monoxide, Particulate Matter and Smoke)
- Natural Pollutants like Radon, Mold, and Pet Dander
- Pesticides, Lead, and Asbestos
- Volatile Organic Compounds from Household Chemicals and Materials
Improving Indoor Air Quality with Air Purification
Air purifiers can improve indoor air quality, allowing you to breathe cleaner, healthier air in your home or workplace. Untreated air can result in irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat. It can also be linked to headaches and fatigue and can exacerbate asthma and other respiratory conditions. If you are looking for indoor air purification in Knoxville, Gent Heating & Cooling can supply and install air purifiers for you, including the highly effective Reme HALO-LED model. It is the first LED in-duct purification system and is designed to combat sick building syndrome.
Gent Heating and Cooling provide heating and air conditioning for residential and commercial clients in Knoxville, Knox County, and the surrounding East Tennessee area. Over 20 Years experience. Customer Service is Our Top Priority. We strive to be on time, provide accurate estimates, and have most replacement products on our service vehicles.
Call 865-213-9202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org