Supply Chain Issues and Proactive Maintenance
If you are an avid follower of the news, you have probably heard plenty of talk about supply chain issues impacting a variety of different industries at the moment. HVAC is certainly no exception! With a shortage of truck drivers to clogs in the supply, every heating and air conditioning company in Knoxville is feeling the strain! Unfortunately, no matter how hard we try, problems in the supply chain sometimes mean having to make our customers wait a little bit longer to install replacement parts in their HVAC units. This means it is more important than ever to be proactive about HVAC maintenance instead of waiting for an emergency before contacting your local heating and air conditioning company in Knoxville. With preventative maintenance, our technicians can help keep you ahead of the game by pre-warning you of potential problems early on rather than waiting for a breakdown, which inevitably happens on the hottest days!
Why Our Customers May Be Affected
There is no simple solution when it comes to explaining why we have all found ourselves in this tricky situation. So many different contributing factors are coming into play, impacting businesses across every industry. Ultimately that is going to trickle down to the customers too. Some of the main issues that at impacting the supply chain of necessary parts required by a heating and air conditioning company in Knoxville might include:
- General Supply Chain Issues – There is an overall increase in delivery times and shortages of some raw materials.
- Labor Shortages - There is an ongoing issue for businesses across all industries when it comes to staying fully staffed!
- Pandemic Recovery – We’re still seeing some fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic due to workers taking time off from the illness and a slew of transportation problems triggered by the ever-changing restrictions.
- Global Unrest – As if recovering from a global pandemic wasn’t disruptive enough, the current war in Ukraine and other pockets of global unrest are also impacting the supply chain worldwide.
- Gas Prices & Global Logistics – With gas prices continuing to increase and no end in sight, global logistics have been negatively impacted. It costs a lot more to transport goods than it did a few years ago, so slower methods are being employed.
How Does This Affect a Heating and Air Conditioning Company in Knoxville?
Let’s look a little bit closer to home. One headline you might have stumbled upon is this local news report featuring our own Ralynne Gent discussing how these global issues have affected our heating and air conditioning company in Knoxville. Right now, we’re at the height of summer. Heat waves have been rolling over the entire US this season, and customers are running to their thermostats and adjusting them with no remorse for the wear and tear it could be putting on their HVAC unit. It’s HOT, and residents want relief!
Gent Heating and Cooling is experiencing a dramatic increase in service calls, many of which stem from the unit being overworked. We’ve put together a handful of tips to help you lessen the strain on your HVAC equipment and reduce the urgency of your call to a heating and air conditioning company in Knoxville. These handy tips will help keep your system running with minimum issues.
- Don’t expect more than your unit can handle. Air conditioners can only typically lower the temperature inside by 20 degrees. If it’s 95 degrees outside, setting your temperature to 65 degrees is unrealistic. All it will do is burden your system, and if you push your limits too far, you risk freezing the system.
- Replace your air filters regularly so your AC air can flow freely. We recommend doing this once a month, at least if you run your HVAC all the time!
- Schedule regular maintenance before problems arise. Have a heating and air conditioning company in Knoxville come out twice a year to perform routine maintenance. This will help avoid unexpected repairs and unnecessary costs.
Life has a funny way of throwing up problems at the most inconvenient times, and it seems like the whole world is experiencing that right now! It is more important than ever to try and plan as much as possible so that you can try to mitigate these inconvenient situations. One of the ways you can do that is to stay on top of regular HVAC maintenance and book preventative maintenance appointments to avoid unexpected breakdowns that may take some time to fix. It is also an excellent way to minimize repair costs since minor issues caught early are easier to fix than more significant issues you don’t know about until it is too late! Call a heating and air conditioning company in Knoxville today and book a service appointment.
Gent Heating and Cooling provide heating and air conditioning for residential and commercial clients in Knoxville, Knox County, and the surrounding East Tennessee area. Over 20 Years experience. Customer Service is Our Top Priority. We strive to be on time, provide accurate estimates, and have most replacement products on our service vehicles.